Monday, August 15, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday - I Am Really A Princess


I Am Really A Princess

By: Carol Diggory Shields

Genre: Children's
Rating: 5 stars

Summary:
 "I am really a princess. And when my true parents, the king and queen, find out how I have been treated around here, they are going to be very upset." That first sentence says it all as a little girl complains about all of the things she has to do.
However, after the day is done, the chores are through and it's time for bed our little princess that trading ponies and princes for tickles and hugs just might be worth it.

There are childhood favorites that stay with you and that you want to make sure that you have for your kids, this is definitely one of those for me. The story is very cute and expresses  exactly how all children feel, from eating whatever you want for dinner to having a pony (who of course will stay in your room). 

This is another that I had memorized because I wanted to hear it every night. I really think I just wanted to look at the pictures. The  illustrations are what really make children's books and these are just so adorable. I had a toss up between the picture of the dinner scene or where the young princess picks out her own most marvelously mismatched outfit.

This is perfect for just about every little girl you may have in your life and maybe even some of the older ones as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back? Maybe

 I honestly don't think people are reading this - and I'm really only wanting to do this to try and 1) add some order to my life and...