Tuesday, December 22, 2020

I'm back? Maybe

 I honestly don't think people are reading this - and I'm really only wanting to do this to try and 1) add some order to my life and 2) try and get my NetGalley percentage up...I'm running an embarrassing 26% right now and I keep checking out Netgalley ARCs from the library because I'm so far behind they are no longer ARCs...or close to them.


But I found some book challenges this year! I am starting with just 3 this year. 

1. AROUND THE YEAR IN 52

   This one seems to be the most rigorous of the challenges - keep to the assigned topic for the week rather than going out of order. Challenges include topics such as "My Favorite Things" "Written by or featuring a Muslim" and "A book set on an island"  I have gone through and picked my tentative 52 titles for the year - and yes I only pulled them from my TBR pile (I mean it's almost 5k long surely I have something that can fit any sort of prompt...)


2) THE 52 BOOK CLUB

    Also with a book for each week but more loosey-goosey on what order or even if you stick with one book a week. I've tried to make sure for any that work on one of the ATY challenges I'm doubling up with 52 book club. (Listen I can't read 140+books every year. That's strictly a pandemic thing. 

3) THE NETGALLEY CHALLENGE

    Something to motivate me to up my percentage on NetGalley. As of right now I'm at a measly 26% I'm hoping to get that up to 40% by the end of the year. And I'm also trying to use some of the NetGalley books as prompts for my ATY or 52 Book club challenge. 


Do I promise to be consistent? nope, but I'm going to try. Use this as something to post when I'm done with books - at least with books worth sharing.  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for signing up for the NetGalley & Edelweiss Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beka! It's Joe. I check in on your blog periodically because I rarely meet people who read.

    ReplyDelete

I'm back? Maybe

 I honestly don't think people are reading this - and I'm really only wanting to do this to try and 1) add some order to my life and...